Motorcycle Accidents Attorneys Daytona Beach
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Helping People In Volusia and Flagler County, Florida
Riding motorcycles is a year-round experience in Florida. Beautiful pristine water views, sandy beach rides, and sunshine 250 days a year are just a few of the reasons why motorcycling is so popular in the Sunshine State. This popularity is apparent in the number of motorcyclists on the road each year. Unfortunately, more motorcyclists means more accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 5,286 motorcyclists were killed in traffic accidents in 2016 alone – a 5.1% increase from the previous year.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
There are numerous causes of motorcycle accidents in Florida, including:
- Distracted Driving – Distracted driving is dangerous. Unfortunately, when other motorists are busy looking at their cell phones or monitoring their GPS devices, they often miss motorcyclists on the road. Failure to see a motorcyclist is one of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents.
- Road Hazards – Improperly designed, inadequately maintained, and defective roadways can lead to serious motorcycle accidents. From potholes to road debris, road hazards can spell disaster for Florida motorcyclists.
- Speeding – Motorists who are speeding may drive recklessly, and changing lanes rapidly increases the likelihood of missing a motorcyclist on the road. Bikers who are speeding increase the risk of losing control of their bike, resulting in serious – and sometimes even fatal -injuries.
- Weather Conditions – Poor weather conditions can decrease visibility for all motorists, making motorcycle accidents more common. Snow, ice, and rain can also cause the roads to become slick, causing trucks, cars, and motorcyclists to lose control.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
The most common types of motorcycle accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Road rash
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to know that you are not alone. The steps you take after your accident can have a significant impact on your ability to put your life back together again.
- Call 911 – Calling 911 will alert the police and emergency responders. A police report is invaluable after an accident and can help your attorney establish fault. Receiving prompt medical attention is the best way to avoid serious and life-threatening complications. Always see a medical professional after a motorcycle accident, even if you believe that you are uninjured.
- Gather Evidence – If you are able, snap pictures of the accident scene and of the damage your vehicle sustained. Be sure to include any helpful information, such as covered road signs, potholes, and intersections. Also collect the names and numbers of any eyewitnesses. Your attorney may need to speak with them when building your case.
- Contact an Attorney – Never sign any settlement agreement without first speaking to an experienced and skilled Daytona Beach, Florida motorcycle accident attorney. Your attorney can protect your rights to compensation, as well as negotiate with insurance companies. Insurance companies are never on your side, which is why you need a law firm that is.
Contact Our Experienced Florida Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident in Daytona Beach or anywhere else in Volusia or Flager counties, contact the Daytona Beach motorcycle accident lawyers at Zimmet & Zimmet today. Our lawyers are ready to assist after a devastating accident, and know how to obtain maximum compensation for our motorcycle accident clients. Contact us today at (386) 255-6400 for a free consultation and review of your case.